Add a Shortcut to Your Desktop - Additional Info For Windows Users
for Windows Users
Adding the STS Desktop Shortcut
Some users of Microsoft Windows operating systems may not see the STS logo icon in the desktop shortcut. Please follow these simple steps to add back the icon:
1. If you have not already done so, download the STS Desktop Shortcut for Windows 7 and XP by clicking on this link. You should see something similar to the following window:
3. Select "Save File," and click "OK." By default, the file is normally sent to your Downloads folder. If you have configured your system differently, the file may be elsewhere.
4. Navigate to your Downloads folder (or other appropriate location). You should see something similar to the following:
5. Double-click on the file "selected transfer services" to unzip it. The file icon will probably change to look like the one below—a blue-green sphere. Most modern operating systems will automatically extract a zipped file. If yours does not, you will need to use a third-party un-zipping tool like WinZip or 7-Zip.
6. Now, copy the unzipped file to your desktop by simply clicking on the file and dragging it to your desktop. You may delete the file remaining in your Downloads folder by right clicking and choosing "Delete."
7. Your new desktop shortcut file should look like the one below with the STS logo. If it does not, we have a few more steps to help you to change the file icon.
8. Click here to download the icon file. As you did before, select "Save File," and click "OK."
9. In your Downloads window, double-click on the file "sts icon" to unzip it.
10. Copy the unzipped file to your desktop as you did in step 6 above. It should appear with the STS logo. You may delete the file in your Downloads window. We now want to copy the STS logo icon to your desktop shortcut file.
11. Right-click on your Selected Transfer Services desktop shortcut file, and choose "Properties":
12. Under the "Web Document" tab, click "Change Icon..."
13. Click "Browse" and navigate to your desktop...
...and select the sts icon file. Click "Open" as shown below:
14. Click "OK" and then "OK" again to close the remaining windows. Your Selected Tranfer Services desktop shortcut is now ready to use!