In an effort to help facilitate funeral service employment within its member firms, Selected Independent Funeral Homes posts job opportunities on this website. To have your information posted for a period of three months, please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 847-236-9968.
Dugan-Kramer Funeral Home & Crematory in Scottsbluff, NE location is hiring a Funeral Director.
- High school education
- Nebraska Funeral Director and Embalming License required
- Or 5 years Licensed Funeral Director and 60 college credit hours to apply for Nebraska license
- Team player
- A high level of ethics
- The ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Good presentation and public relations skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to listen to others
- Motivated and competitive
- Working knowledge of computers and their operations and proficient in business software; Micro Soft Office
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to interact with grieving families during time of need and create a premier level of client satisfaction
- Excellent driving skills and record
- Ability to manage a caseload while creating exceptional service
This is an hourly position.
The Funeral Director will report to the Chapel Managing Funeral Director on a daily basis to accomplish the needs to the chapel and any other location that is in need of help.
We are a company that is striving to be the leader in each community that we serve. A company that is defined by the individuals who represent the company individuals who exemplify and respect the family attributes of trust, care, support, ethics, unprecedented attention to detail and understanding the value and importance of nurturing long term relationship.
Please submit your qualification to Kevin Wolfe at email@example.com.
This listing first posted on 7/22/14.
Bonney-Watson has had the privilege of celebrating lives in the Seattle area since 1868. Family-owned since our inception, what began as a single location in downtown Seattle now includes five convenient Puget Sound-area locations: Ballard, Capitol Hill, SeaTac, Seattle and Federal Way.
Bonney-Watson is now hiring a full-time Managing Director. We are looking for an individual who can provide leadership for all mortuary operations at our Ballard, Capitol Hill and South Seattle mortuaries and assist the daily mortuary operations by meeting with client families as an arranging funeral director.
- Be responsible for the use and training of the Bonney-Watson Cycle of Excellence; monitor its use by other arranging directors
- Achieve excellent Client Family Survey results—per the established goals
- Demonstrate a high level of “attention to detail”
- Demonstrate a commitment to continuous service enhancement and to increasing the value of service
- Consistently exhibit a confident spirit, and demonstrate a high sense of ownership in the successful execution of all responsibilities
- Insure adherence to Bonney-Watson Policies, Procedures, Core Standards, and compliance matters
- Objectively assess and document staff for performance evaluation, including direct observation, sitting in on arrangements and use of role-playing
- Support, encourage and assist employees to insure the highest quality, most professional service; provide coaching and guidance for all personnel
- Identify key personnel for development; resolve substandard performance issues
- Work with staff members to instill positive morale and teamwork
- Conduct regular staff meetings
- Share Client Family Survey results and monthly results with employees
- Communicate Mission Statement, Core Values and Best Practices
- Insure straight forward feedback for excellent performance
- Monitor Client Family Survey results to attain established goals; insure highest level of quality
- Demonstrate local leadership and good communication with community members, leaders, clergy, hospitals, nursing homes, hospices, cemeteries, crematoria, etc.
- Participate in the development and implementation of short and long-term organizational goals, objectives, policies, practices, and strategies
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from an accredited mortuary school program; or 2 to 3 years of experience as a licensed funeral director; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Practical knowledge of daily mortuary operations, including making funeral arrangements, transfers, and assistance at scheduled ceremonies.
- Practical knowledge of basic personal computer skills.
- General knowledge of corporate accounting procedures.
- Must be able lift and/or move up to 100 pounds occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds frequently
Applications are accepted online at: http://www.hrpmsi.com/jobs/md.htm
This listing first posted on 7/9/14.