Learn directly from other successful firms!
Selected Connections programs are entirely planned and hosted by a Selected member firm that opens its doors to other members in order to highlight best practices and lessons learned. These members-only programs offer a truly unique and hands-on experience that highlights the camaraderie and trust shared by Selected members. In order to maintain the members-only status, Selected does not seek continuing education credit for these meetings.
Upcoming Program: June 16-18, 2014 in McMurray, PA
All funeral homes constantly strive to improve Human Resources Policies and Procedures while keeping a focus on providing the highest quality service to client families. How do you find a consistent balance through the ebbs and flows of the business? Throughout this program, the give and take involved in creating a successful formula will be examined. Scott Beinhauer will take a look from the eyes of a funeral director the effect of staffing issues and how Beinhauer Funeral Homes are trying to meet the ever-increasing demands and needs of client families. Peg Cirocco will share her perspective about how that fits with the “numbers” side of the business. Finding a balance is critical to enhanced employee performance and complete customer satisfaction.
Program Location & Host Firm: Beinhauer Family Funeral Homes, 2828 Washington Rd., McMurray, PA 15317
Registration Fee: $250
Register for program: To be considered for the program, please complete the enrollment application. Applications are encouraged as soon as possible but are accepted until the date of the program.
Make hotel reservations: Once registered for the program, contact the hotel directly to make reservations. Indicate you are with "Beinhauer's Selected Independent Funeral Homes Selected Connection." A limited number of rooms have been set aside for the program, so you are encouraged to make reservations as soon as possible to hold your spot. Participants are responsible for all hotel expenses.
- Hotel: Crown Plaza, Pittsburgh South, 164 Fort Couch Road, Pittsburgh, PA 15241
- Phone: 866-807-2819
- Room rate: $109/person/night
- Check-in: 3:00p; check-out: noon
- Arrival date: Monday, June 16, 2014; Departure date: Wednesday, June 18, 2014 (program is scheduled to conclude at 11:00a)
- Airport > Hotel: You are responsible for travel between the airport and the hotel. You may wish to use a taxi or rent a car, as the hotel does not offer an airport shuttle.
- Hotel > Program Functions: Transportation will be provided from the hotel to all program-related functions, including funeral home tours and group meals.
- Recommended airport: Pittsburgh, PA (PIT)
- Distance between airport and host firm: Approximately 25 miles
Meals: Dutch treat dinners and continental breakfast provided at the funeral home
Attire: Business Casual
November 3–5, 2013 - Atlanta, GA
June 25-27, 2012 - Pinehurst, NC
March 6-8, 2012 - Salt Lake City, UT
Become a Host!
Selected Connections is seeking member firms to serve as hosts for upcoming programs. Download the information form below or contact Headquarters at 1-800-323-4219.