The Why We Gather Community
Why We Gather is an online resource that provides information to the public on grief and the value of funeral service. Your firm can share the resources developed and curated through the Why We Gather program, expanding your offerings and deepening your connection with those you serve.
Ways To Use Why We Gather To Connect With Those You Serve
1. Share videos on your website
The Why We Gather YouTube channel contains an ever-expanding collection of videos featuring interviews with...
- individuals who have gone through the death of a loved one
- grief counselors
- spiritual teachers
...on topics such as:
- The difference between a "celebration of life" and a funeral service
- The benefits of bereavement support groups
- The value of having the body present at the funeral
- How communities grieve
- Why people often feel anxiety when attending a funeral service
- How cremation is viewed by the Catholic church
You can embed these videos on your own website. (For help, check out YouTube's Guide to Embedding Video on Your Site or ask your web service provider.)
You also can subscribe to the channel to be notified when new videos are posted. Subscribing is free and easy—click here and follow YouTube's instructions.
For even more useful video content, you can check out our curated Favorite Videos Playlist that contains other worthwhile grief support videos from across YouTube.
2. Share resources via social media
Our Why We Gather Facebook and Twitter pages are rich with links to helpful articles, videos and quotes. When you "like" the Facebook page or "follow us" on Twitter, you have quick access to these posts and tweets and can easily spread them to the families you serve, making your page even more valuable to your community.
3. Share written grief resource content from the public-facing area of Selected's website
(link on your website and/or via social media channels)
Written by Dr. William G. "Bill" Hoy, DMin, FT, these resources include:
- Actions To Cope With Loss
- Bereavement Support For Spouses
- Bereavement Support For Parents
- Bereavement Support For Children & Teens
- Bereavement Support For Adult Children
- Bereavement Support For Friends, Coworkers & Siblings
- Additional Grief Resources