Forum FOCUS Expert Edition FAQ
Selected is excited to announce that the Spring Management Summit will be reimagined as a virtual online meeting in 2022. The meeting will be named the Forum FOCUS: Expert Edition and will feature sessions with professional speakers and Preferred Partner experts along with Selected member interaction. In addition, Selected will apply for continuing education credit for the sessions to the Academy of Professional Funeral Service and states requiring CE.
Why is Selected transitioning the Spring Management Summit to the Forum FOCUS: Expert Edition?
In 2011, Selected launched the first Spring Management Summit in Indianapolis to better meet the evolving needs of members while providing a specific management-focused meeting that would complement the portfolio of Selected meetings offered at that time.
Thinking back to 2011, the following were some of the headlines of the year.
- Apple released the iPhone 4S that included the exciting new feature called “Siri”.
- Facebook was gaining popularity but only had about 370 million people on its rise to the 1.875 billion users it has in 2021.
- Netflix changed its pricing structure, charging customers separately for its mail DVD rental service and online streaming service.
- And, Selected hosted its first Spring Management Summit.
Much has changed in the past decade, including participation in the Spring Management Summit declining steadily despite vigorous attempts to keep it viable. This made it clear that the Summit was no longer serving members’ needs. So, Selected again is evolving to directly address the needs of our members today by transitioning the Spring Management Summit in 2022 to the reimagined Forum FOCUS: Expert Edition.
Just as the Summit concept was a key element to completing Selected’s meeting portfolio 10 years ago, the Forum FOCUS: Expert Edition concept now better complements Selected’s current portfolio of offerings by providing the missing piece of a Zoom-based virtual meeting that includes the potential to obtain valuable continuing education credit.
- The NextGen Seminar offers an in-person meeting opportunity with continuing education credit available.
- The 2021 Annual Meeting is offered in a hybrid format (in person and via the Virtual Meeting Platform) with continuing education credit available.
- Group Roundtables, Selected Connections, Selected Community specific offerings (Community Conversations, Meet Ups, etc.), Conversation Cafes, Selected Study Groups and Selected Leadership Academy all offer a mix of both in-person and virtual opportunities without continuing education credit in order to remain members-only exclusive opportunities.
- The current Forum FOCUS meetings offer a virtual opportunity without continuing education.
- The Forum FOCUS: Expert Edition completes this existing comprehensive meeting portfolio by expanding the successful Forum FOCUS to include the potential to earn continuing education. This format retains the original intent of the Summit to provide up-and-coming leaders, managers and owners with a reasonably-priced, information-packed meeting featuring dynamic presentations that offer continuing education. But instead of requiring the time and expense of travel, the Forum FOCUS: Expert Edition will build on the greater adoption of technology by members (specifically Zoom) spurred by the pandemic, making this an even more affordable opportunity while providing members with another way to obtain valuable continuing education credit.
When will the Forum FOCUS: Expert Edition be held?
The 2022 Forum FOCUS: Expert Editions are being planned for May 5, 2022 and June 2, 2022. They will be held in place of the regularly scheduled Forum FOCUS meetings those months.
Where can I find more information on the 2022 Forum FOCUS: Expert Edition?
Information can be found on the Forum FOCUS: Expert Edition homepage. (URL will be provided when it is available.)
Where can I find the meeting archive from previous Spring Management Summits?
Visit the All Meetings Archive webpage to access information from all Selected’s meetings.