Selected Leadership Academy Background
Mission and Goals
The Selected Leadership Academy is grounded in the following Program Mission and Goals.
PROGRAM MISSION: To teach principles of leadership to current and emerging leaders within Selected member firms
- Provide specialized skill development programs and activities focused on clearly identified key leadership principles
- Provide access to a dynamic facilitator who will keep members engaged, accountable and participating
- Provide access to Selected colleagues who may serve as mentors and subject matter experts
- Provide a capstone face-to-face experience (the annual Leadership Conference) that:
- Features an overview of key teachings
- Assists members in determining how to implement the leadership skills they've learned
- Allows interaction among participants to stimulate the creative-thinking process on challenges faced as well as implementation
- Provide a public recognition ceremony upon completion that includes a certificate
In order to solicit candid feedback and assist in overseeing the establishment and ongoing evolution of the leadership program, Selected Independent Funeral Homes Board of Directors formed the Leadership Council comprised of three member representatives (including at least one alumnus) plus the Academy Dean, current Selected President, Executive Director/CEO and Director of Meetings and Education.