Things To Do and Ask
When Choosing a Funeral Home
Questions To Ask
- Are you locally owned?
- Are you a member of Selected Independent Funeral Homes?
- What types of services can I receive here if there is life insurance or if pre-paid arrangements were made?
- What are the necessary steps, materials and/or government regulations to consider when pre-arranging a funeral?
- Am I able to customize the funeral service to meet special preferences?
- What kinds of funeral packages do you offer?
Materials to Pick Up at the Funeral Home
- A General Price List (GPL) and list of services
- A copy of the price list for caskets, urns, etc., if not included in the GPL
- A written memorandum of charges, if funeral goods and services are agreed upon or purchased
For more information, see our sections on Arranging a Funeral Service and Selecting a Memorial Provider