Selected occasionally hosts webinars, giving members the opportunity to learn about a specific topic from the convenience of your home or office. Join us for the next three-part webinar series focused on Succession Planning.
Succession Planning Webinar Series
1. Maximizing the Value of Your Funeral Business-January 17 | 1-2 p.m. ET
Chris Farmer of The Farmer Firm and Tim Bridgers of Live Oak Bank join together to bring you insight into how to set your firm up to maximize its value in the days, months and year ahead of potential sale or generational transfer.
Whether you are growing older without a younger generation in the business or you want to ensure your family or employees can access financing needed to "buy you out" when the time comes, Chris and Tim will offer their expertise in setting the groundwork for your succession planning strategy.
2. How Does a Sale Work and How to Avoid Common Pitfalls-February 21 | 1-2 p.m. ET
So the time has come to consider selling your firm, whether to the next generation, your employees, another independent, or a corporate firm. Most businesses have never done this before and don't even know where to begin. Chris Farmer and Tim Bridges return to walk you through the process and help you understand all the options so you can decide which is best for your business.
How do you even start marketing your firm for sale? What does a common sale agreement look like and how do you negotiate it? What common mistakes do people make and how can you avoid them? Join this webinar for answers to these questions and more.
3. Acquiring an Existing Funeral Business: What You Need to Know-March 8 | 12-1 p.m. ET
Jake Johnson of Johnson Consulting Group joins us for the third segment of this webinar series. Jake will walk members through how to evaluate a funeral business as a potential acquisition target. What does a firm's financials tell you about the strength of the business and its value? How do you evaluate an existing preneed portfolio? How do you reduce your liability for past mistakes or errors? What common mistakes do acquiring firms make, and how can you avoid them?
This session will get members up to speed on the ins and outs of buying a funeral business and provide insight on when this option may help your business grow and grow stronger.
- November 9, 2017- 3 Simple Strategies to Increase Your Bottom Line, hosted C&J Financial-[slides]
- August 17, 2017-Internet Marketing: Funeral Home Advertising is Exploding & Changing, hosted by InternetAdPros.net
- August 5, 2015-Internet Marketing: Maximizing Your Benefits & Avoiding Scams, hosted by InternetAdPros.net
- June 26, 2013 - "Improving Your Marketing and Return on Investment" with Michael Regina of FuneralDecisions.com [click to view presentation]
- July 24, 2012 - "Go Viral! Everything You Need to Know to Succeed on Facebook", Zack Garbow, co-founder of Funeral Innovations [click to view presentation]
- May 19, 2010 - Legal Update with Selected's In-House General Counsel, Sarah B. Pojanowski