Member candidates must agree to adhere to the following membership requirements.
- To comply at all times with the Code of Good Practice and to place a copy of the code in the possession of a representative of all parties with whom we arrange funerals.
- To abide by and support the constitution and by-laws of the association, including the purposes and objectives as expressed in Article II of the constitution.
- To observe at all times the standards of membership prescribed in Article III of the constitution.
- To actively participate in the association's programs and services as the Board of Directors may deem essential to the advancement of the organization.
- To use the symbol of Selected Independent Funeral Homes to identify our firm as a member, including the use of said symbol on all stationery, local printed media advertising and other items as are utilized to contact the public.
- To publicly display our membership by using the appropriate symbols on plaques, certificates, signs and other media material.
- To attend, or to designate a representative to attend, at least one official meeting of Selected Independent Funeral Homes within any given two year period.
- To pay membership dues and to pay such additional amounts as may be prescribed by the Board of Directors in accordance with Article II, Section 2b of the by-laws.