The Selected Leadership Academy is not just another leadership training program. It’s a personalized journey for those, no matter title or position, who believe their leadership matters and choose to become better.
CONGRATULATIONS TO UNMASKING POTENTIAL (2021-2023 CLASS) on graduating from the Selected Leadership Academy!
- Wes Daniels, Daniels Chapel of the Roses Funeral Home & Crematory, Santa Rosa, CA
- Steve Fisher, Flanner Buchanan, Indianapolis, IN
- Karle Freeland, Simply Cremation and Funeral Arrangements, Surprise, AZ
- Susan Gill, Welch & Cornett Walton Funeral Service, Linton, IN
- Cora Gray, McComas Funeral Home, P.A., Abingdon, MD
- Sarah Hamlin Kuchenbrod, Stith Funeral Home, Danville, KY
- DeWayne Hughes, Hughes Family Tribute Center, Dallas, TX
- Jamie Locke, Hogan-Bremer-Moore Colonial Chapels, Mason City, IA
- Kathleen Morton-Jones, Holloway Funeral Home, PA, Salisbury, MD
- Mackenzie Rediske, Uht Funeral Home, Westland, MI
WELCOME TO SECOND WIND, OUR 2023-2025 CLASS!
For more than a decade, the Selected Leadership Academy has focused on building and supporting leaders no matter position or title. It’s a credit to the association and all our members that leadership is so deeply woven into the fabric of Selected’s culture. Below are the members who have made the decision to intentionally focus on growing their leadership skills by enrolling in the 2023-2025 Class.
- Matt Asta, Whitney & Murphy Funeral Home, Phoenix, AZ
- Stacy Billow, The Billow Company, Akron, OH
- Meghan Burmeister, Busch Funeral and Crematory Services, Cleveland, OH
- Hyrum Heward, Larkin Mortuary, Salt Lake City, UT
- Jill Lazar, Hoffman Funeral Home & Crematory, Carlisle, PA
- Joey Luck, Panebaker Funeral Home & Cremation Care Center, Inc., Hanover, PA
- Frank Maggiore, Keohane Funeral Home, Quincy, MA
- Doug Reinbold, Reinbold-Novak Funeral Home, Sheboygan, WI
- Jason Storm, Starks Family Funeral Homes, St. Joseph, MI
- Cortney Weissenburger, Iles Funeral Homes, Inc.-Dunn's Funeral Home and Crematory, Des Moines, IA
- Ping Wu, Cypress Lawn, Colma, CA
How Will It Help Me?
Since learning how to lead is an ongoing task, the Academy brings together Selected members interested in continually building their leadership skills to engage and grow in a variety of ways including:
- Interactive Zoom calls designed to spark insight and create foundational leadership knowledge.
- Personal attention and tailored coaching through private, professional calls with the Academy Dean to dig into what is most relevant to each class member and how to use it in everyday life.
- Creating connections with colleagues both in your class (which are limited to no more than 15) as well as Academy alumni who can relate to the unique challenges of the funeral service profession.
- Access to respected Selected leaders in informal settings plus an opportunity to create a more structured mentor relationship.
Want to Talk About It?
Contact Amy Hunt, Director of Meetings and Education at 800-323-4219.