Guidelines When Transferring Human Remains
- It shall be the responsibility of the transferring and receiving member firms to verify a reasonable, mutually
agreeable price in agreed-upon currency prior to contracting for services.
- The receiving member shall contact the transferring member to convey any special requests as to the care of the
- The transferring member shall notify the receiving member of any pertinent information including embalming
complications, height, weight, conditions of deceased and any other concerns.
- All universally accepted embalming practices shall be employed to ensure adequate preservation and desired
- The body shall be washed, properly bathed and disinfected.
- If necessary, plastic garments shall be used to ensure the prevention of unnecessary leakage and to ensure
- The body shall be appropriately clothed to ensure the modesty and dignity of the individual with either a gown or
- As is necessary, appropriate measures should be taken to ensure the protection of clothing or casket interiors
from undue soiling and the shifting of the body during transportation.
- The transferring member shall use approved sturdy, appropriate transferring containers to ensure the protection
of the body and/or casket.
- A completed, detailed embalming report shall be included.
- A follow-up evaluation via phone call or by using a written survey.