Management Comparative Program Analysis Highlights
Each year, firms that complete the Management Comparative Survey receive their own report with the firm's information alongside a comparison to other Selected firms with similar case volume, geographic location and population density. In addition, Selected releases highlights from the total analysis of all firms' data. Below is a summary of past years' analysis.
2020 Analysis of the 2019 Fiscal Year
- With the median case volume holding steady at 323 (329 a year prior), cremations comprised 46.2% of cases, up only 0.2% from the previous year.
- For families choosing burial, 86% of families had full services, up from 83%. Another 9% chose partial services, commonly called “graveside” services. Direct burials were a mere 3.6 of burial volume.
- Among families choosing cremation, direct cremation was chosen most often at 50% of cremation cases. Cremations with some services but without visitation made up 37% of all cremations. Cases with “full service” where the family held a visitation along with cremation accounted for only 12% of cremations, down from 14% a year ago.
- Median 2019 revenue per case declined slightly in fiscal 2019 to $6,300, down from $6,375 the year prior. Expenses per case took a dip to a median of $5,223 compared to $5,516 the previous year.
- Net income per case climbed to $1,077 from $803.