COVID-19 Member Resources
Selected is committed to helping our members through these challenging times. This resource page continues to grow as we collect materials from organizations and members share samples of materials they are using in their communities.
We will continue to add resources here as they become available.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Updates
Note: We will continue to add updates here on PPE sources that are shared through various channels. We cannot guarantee sources and availability but are simply passing on information provided.
- All N95s in existing stock and those being manufactured now are sent to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
- FEMA allocates supplies to each state's Emergency Operations Center (EOC) based on need
- Each EOC manages requests from entities within its respective state — including death care professionals
To place a request for N95s, you'll need to contact your state's EOC. Click here to access the EOC for your state.
Small Business Relief
- Disaster Assistance Loans Information (Small Business Administration)
- Disaster Assistance Loan Applications (Small Business Administration)
- A message and resources from Live Oak Bank
- Paycheck Protection Loans & Economic Injury Disaster Loans (Courtesy of Live Oak Bank)
Public Health, Prevention and Safety
- Corona Virus Postmortem Guidelines (Courtesy of the CDC)
- COVID-19 and Funeral Guidelines (Courtesy of the CDC)
- COVID-19: Firsthand Account from a Funeral Director — Interview with Corey Gaffney (Courtesy of Connecting Directors)
- How Funeral Directors are Preparing for Coronavirus
- OSHA guidance for those working in the funeral profession to ensure worker safety when handling human remains
- OSHA guidance for personal protective equipment to ensure worker safety when handling human remains
- Coronavirus — Interim Guidance for Business and Employers (Courtesy of CDC)
- How to Maintain Operations During a Pandemic (Courtesy of OSHA)
- Business Pandemic Influenza Planning Checklist (Courtesy of CDC)
- Pandemic Influenza Continuity of Operations (Courtesy of FEMA)
- Coronavirus Resources (Courtesy of U.S. Department of Labor)
- CDC Recommends Livestreaming Funerals (Courtesy of BBC)
- Mortuary Employees Declared Critical Infrastructure Workers (Courtesy of DHS & CISA)
- Valuable Resources and Guidelines on Public Health, Safety and Repatriation (Courtesy of Homeland International)
- What does US-Canada Border Closing Mean? (Courtesy of The Buchanan Group | Private Label)
- Health & Safety Guidelines for COVID-19 Post Mortem Care (Courtesy of Dodge Company)
- Privacy Rules for Staff Disclosing COVID-19 (Courtesy of the Department of Health and Human Services)
- PPE Dos and Don'ts (Courtesy of Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology (APIC))
- Eagles Wings Air provides updates on flight and service status
Public Health & Safety Marketing Tools
- COVID-19 Sample Press Release (Courtesy of Busch Funeral Homes)
- COVID-19 Sample Press Release (Courtesy of Milner & Orr Funeral Home)
- COVID-19 Sample Press Release (Courtesy of Gunderson Funeral Home)
- COVID-19 Risk Management Procedures Sample (Courtesy of Lady's Funeral Home)
- COVID-19 Risk Management Procedures Sample (Courtesy of Glenn Funeral Home & Crematory)
- COVID-19 Risk Management Procedures Sample (Courtesy of Gunderson Funeral Home)
- The Corona Virus and Your Job (Courtesy of the Wall Street Journal)
- In collaboration with Enquiron?, Federated Employment Practices Network is providing these three valuable documents designed to help provide information to organizations facing challenging employment issues during these uncertain times.
Livestreaming Request and Release Form (Word document)
- Webcasting Licenses & Compliance (Courtesy of NFDA)
- Webinar: 18 Ways to Adapt Your Marketing During COVID-19 (Courtesy of MKJ Marketing)
- Emergency Obituary Posting and Online Funeral Video Services (Courtesy of Legacy.com)
- FrontRunner Offers Free Facebook Setup and Instruction about using Facebook Live
- Video to Inspire Positivity Within a Community (Courtesy of Glenn Funeral Home)
- Custom Public Service Message: TV Spots Offer (Courtesy of MKJ Marketing)
- Passare is offering their Collaboration Center free of charge to all funeral directors. Visit their website for details and click here to request a demo.
- Funeral Innovations created a free, automated text notification system for Facebook Live events, future services, or any other events or messages you need to send. Click here to schedule a consultation.
Inspiration During Crisis
- TED Connects: Community and Hope TED Talks are always a great resource for information. Check out this episode of TED Connects, featuring Chris Anderson, head of TED, and Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates as they discuss Community & Hope.
- Be the Calm in the Storm: Inspirational Video (Courtesy of Marguerite Ham)
Resources to Share with Families
- Pandemic of Grief (Courtesy of Dr. Alan Wolfelt — Center for Loss and Life Transition)
- Dealing with Families During Pandemic (Courtesy of Dr. Alan Wolfelt — Center for Loss and Life Transition)
- How to Talk to Children about Coronavirus Pandemic (Courtesy of Dr. Alan Wolfelt — Center for Loss and Life Transition)
- Coronavirus and the Six Needs of Mourning (Courtesy of Dr. Alan Wolfelt — Center for Loss and Life Transition)
- Funerals in the Time of Coronavirus: Thoughts for Families (Courtesy of Dr. Alan Wolfelt — Center for Loss and Life Transition)
- Hugs from Home — Selected member, Milner & Orr has created a new program called Hugs from Home. It is a new service they are implementing that will give those not attending a funeral service the chance to be able to share a token of love and support. Click here to see the form they offer on their website. The Hugs from Home note card is then attached to a white balloon in the funeral home. These balloons will fill the chapel with hugs for the families. They will be able to read these heartfelt messages and hopefully know that many others are there with them in spirit.
- Funerals Pose Challenges in Time of Social Distancing (Courtesy of Dr. Bill Hoy and BaptistStandard.com)
- Sample member newsletter to families (Courtesy of O'Connor Mortuary)
- Legacy Touch Production Schedule & Special Free Gift Offer